Wednesday, March 30, 2011

T-Ball & End Of Days???

I sometimes, strike that, often wonder how the thoughts that my boys have actually come about. This one cracks me up!

As we were driving to Tyson’s first t-ball practice yesterday Tyson asked when his next t-ball practice will be, Thursday, I answered. Tyson then asked “what’s at the end of days.” I reply, “bedtime.” Tyson then asked me the same question 2 more times and my answer was the same 2 more times. Again he did not like my answer. “No Mom, I mean when Jesus comes down and then we go back to heaven with him.”

Wow, I was not expecting that to come out of my 5-year-old. So as I think for a quick minute about how I would explain this to him, it came out something like this. Well one day Jesus will come back down to earth and everybody will be resurrected and go back to Heaven. Once we are in Heaven those of us that have been really good will get to stay with our families forever and live with Heavenly Father and Jesus.

“So Mom, when will Jesus come down to get us?” I said it would be a big surprise to everyone so we always have to try our best to be good. “Mom, I hope it’s not tomorrow.” Why, I asked. “Well, because I have T-ball practice on Thursday.”

t-ball

I just love the way little kids think and process everything that they are constantly learning. It makes me happy to know that even when I don’t think they are listening or paying attention to Family Home Evening, lessons at church, or our nightly 2 verse scripture reading that it is all still sinking in. I am really grateful when conversations like this come up because it reminds me that I need to always be conscious of what I am doing, because they are always watching and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!