Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Pink Tights

ChloeAs I was folding laundry tonight I came across some little pink tights and it made me stop and think about how blessed we are to have this amazing little girl! When I went in for the ultrasound Steve and I were first told we would be having a boy. After the technician continued we were then told girl then boy and it continued back and forth. We were finally given an 80% chance after 2 techs took a look that we were having a boy. I was pretty sure that we would be seeing a little guy in a few months but, just incase, I made bedding for a little girl and had a little outfit ready. Needless to say we were happily surprised when the Doctor told us that we now have a little girl! Chloe is a Joy that is always putting a smile on my face and everyone around her.
During this last pregnancy people would always say. “are you hoping for a girl?” My reply was always the same, “I just want a healthy baby.” Steve and I have had some trials when it comes to bringing these amazing little babies into the world. We have had 5 miscarriages and 1 fetal demise. Out of those pregnancies we know that 3 of our kids waiting for us with Heavenly Father are little boys, and it wouldn’t surprise us in the least if the other 3 were boys as well.  I have learned so much from each of these experiences and have grown that much closer to my Father in Heaven. I have been asked in the past how I am able to recover mentally & spiritually after losing a child and my answer is this, I feel that Heavenly Father knows who I am and knows what I can handle as a person and as his daughter. I know that he will not give me trials that I am not able to handle. I think this answer shocks people but it really is true. Even though losing a child is extremely heart breaking and does take so much out of me, I have come to the conclusion that these little babies are so spiritually strong that they just needed to come to this earth even for just the short few months I carried them. I look forward to the day I will get to hold them and love them as they are, a part of my Eternal Family.
The opportunity to be an Eternal Family is such an amazing gift from our Father in Heaven. I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and to have knowledge of The Plan of Salvation. I love my family so much and am excited for all the adventures we have ahead of us.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Those choice spirits chose well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude! You are such a great person and mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Reading!