Sunday, August 4, 2013

Simple Words With a Strong Message

Every once in a while a hymn during sacrament meeting will really get my attention & today was one of those times. I do not recall singing hymn 247, We Love Thy House O God before and while singing, it really gave me a sweet feeling of comfort. 

  1. 1. We love thy house, O God,
    Wherein thine honor dwells.
    The joy of thine abode
    All earthly joy excels.
  2. 2. It is the house of prayer,
    Wherein thy servants meet,
    And thou, O Lord, art there,
    Thy chosen flock to greet.
  3. 3. We love the word of life,
    The word that tells of peace,
    Of comfort in the strife,
    Of joys that never cease.
  4. Text: William Bullock, 1797-1874
    Music: Leroy J. Robertson, 1896-1971. (c) 1948 IRI

    I really love the last 2 lines of this beautiful hymn. We chose to come to earth knowing we would have great joy as well as trials along the way. I am especially grateful for the comfort given to me during my times of strife & I am so blessed to be full of joy in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!