Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Crazy Day!

Most of our days are crazy but for some reason today just seemed more so than normal. It started with waking up around a normal  time for us which is 5:30 AM and me telling Tyson to turn on cartoons while I am still passed out on the recliner with Chloe, who decided she didn’t want to sleep very much last night. Then Parker comes up and climbs on the chair with us to cuddle for a bit.

6:00 AM – I want to ride my bike, me too, me too!

6:30 AM—(Boys almost in unison) Mom we want breakfast, (Me) I am not moving until Chloe wakes up (I will admit that was more for me than Chloe because lets face it I was still super tired.) I jinxed myself because guess who woke up 5 minutes later……yep, Chloe.

Pancakes for breakfast, but not just any pancakes, Pixy Stix Pancakes. This is a concoction created by Tyson this morning. So I poured the pancake mix on the griddle and the boys chose the flavor they wanted and then sprinkled it on the batter before flipping it over. The pancakes looked really fun and festive and I wish I would have taken a picture, but, I didn’t. They were a hit!

Push Parker on the swing.

Next on the list, never-ending laundry. I don’t believe there will ever be a time when the laundry is completely done, if there is a secret to completing laundry I would love to know it. Chloe is all over the place and has now figured out that she can pull folded laundry off the couch. As I am heading up to the kitchen I see Parker with the Syrup bottle, cap off, at his mouth with a look of, what Mom. Yes Parker had taken the bottle of SYRUP that was on the table from breakfast and was DRINKING it. The first thought that came to me was from the movie ELF.

“Do you like syrup”

“Is there sugar in Syrup?”

“Yes”

“Well then YEEEEES”

The bottle after breakfast was still at the top of the label and now, well just take a look.

syrup

At least it is light. This was not the end of the syrup for the day. A little later the boys decided to get the syrup out of the cupboard and pour it on the rice crispy treats that were on the counter and then sprinkle Pixy Stix on top of that. Tyson comes down so proud of his “recipe” telling me all about his 3 ingredients; Rice Crispy Treats, Syrup, & Sprinkles. Not something I wanted to try, and talk about a STICKY MESS!

Throw away poopy underwear…YUUUUUUUUUUCK...Love potty training. I guess he was to involved in the Syrup Concoction.

Push Parker on his Swing. I love to do this and really should do it more often because he will just talk to me about his day and it is wonderful.

11:30 Lunch Time—Mac-n-Cheese with hotdogs today. As I am preparing this gourmet meal I am constantly asking, then telling, then raising my voice telling Parker to stop stuffing cheerios in Chloe’s mouth. Lunch, done.

Change Laundry

12:15 Kindergarten Assessment—Tyson was so excited to go to his new school and tell the Teacher everything that he knows. It is so crazy to think that our little guy is going to Kindergarten in the Fall. We are definitely headed into a new chapter of life and I am really excited to see what lies ahead. When we get to the school he wanted to have his picture taken and then Parker had to have a picture with his brother like always.

kindergartenkindergarten1

It was so fun to see Tyson sitting in the hallway with a huge smile on his face just waiting for the teacher to come out and call his name. When he came back he had a present from the 6th graders, which included an ABC book that was written by a 6th grader and a kindergartner along with another book about crayons. He did great and just has a few letters to work on. He was also really excited to find out the school mascot is a Rattlesnake.

Change Laundry

Put Chloe down for a nap, cuddle with Parker for a few minutes before Chloe wakes up 15 minutes later (queen of cat naps lately.)

3:00 --- Practice T-Ball with Tyson, then little brother wants to hit the balls as well, move Chloe away from the flowers because she loves to eat dirt. continue to play with the boys and pick Chloe up again from the flower box. I think she has consumed more dirt in the last few days then both of my boys combined.

Change Laundry

Push Parker on the Swing.

4:30 -- Feed Chloe and head out to the Ball Fields. The boys wanted to go early today so that they could play before his game at 6:00. Tyson is loving T-Ball and was so excited to be able to play tonight. Due to all the rain this year his little team has had more rain-outs than games played. All day long Tyson kept hoping that the rain would stay away so that he could play his game, his wish came true. Tyson Loves his sunglasses!

tysontyson1

During the game Parker had to go pee twice so we made the mad dash to the bushes that are about a football field away. The bathrooms are much further so, yes I am the mom that lets her kids go pee outside if needed (to a certain age of course.)After the game the kids get a ticket that they can take to the snack shack. This is what the snack shack looks like after every game. Tyson #4 was at the back of the pack today.

snack shack mob

After the game the kids play for a little bit longer at the playground,Chloe was done.

cd chloe

Once we got home it was time to call Dad on the computer (SKYPE.) This has been a great tool for us to use while Steve has been working in Denver for the past 5 weeks. Almost every night we have been able to get on the computer to tell him about our day.

8:15 PM – Bedtime for us can sometimes be easy and used to mean kids were in bed by 7:30 sometimes 8:00. Lately with it being light so late I am having lots of complaining about going to bed and usually end up getting down to beds between 8:30 & 9:00 not good.

Tonight we read books and then headed down to read scriptures. Happy to say we are currently in 1st Nephi chapter 13 verse 7. This is after reading almost every night since Christmas, we are rocking and should be done with the Book Of Mormon in the next few years!!!! We read 2-3 verses a night before the boys are done.

I then tuck the boys in and sit next to the bottom bunk to feed Chloe. Tyson remembers after getting in bed that he needs to go to the bathroom. As I am sitting in their room I hear the toilet seat slam down and then Tyson whimpering, then crying. As he walks in the room I ask him what happened and the answer he gave me is not what I was expecting. I hurt my head. How did you hurt your head? The seat fell on it. As I try not to laugh I ask how the toilet seat hit his head. “Well Mom(still crying), I have to have my head looking down to make sure my pee is in the toilet.” What was I thinking. After holding him next to me for a minute he gets in bed.

As I was holding Chloe in the glider I was able to hold Parker’s hand as he fell asleep. Tyson was up on his bed having a conversation between iron man and blue bear until all of sudden the conversation stopped and he had fallen asleep. I normally would have quickly left the room, but tonight decided to just sit and enjoy the quiet with my 3 beautiful children. I love them so much and as I have said many time before feel so blessed to have them in my life.

GOODNIGHT!