Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oh The Pain

The day after arriving home from the hospital I realized how important it is to continue with pain pills when a DOCTOR has prescribed them for you.

I had already been having more pain than what I remembered with my last 2 c-sections and was being told over and over by hospital staff that it is normal because the recovery does get harder each c-section. Well, I am sure that is true but I just kept thinking to myself that something is wrong.
Normally before leaving the hospital the staples will be taken out but I was told they couldn't because I was quite swollen and that would risk having the incision open up. When I asked the doctor if that is normal He(not my doctor) said that it is very normal to have some swelling and to just have my Dr. remove them on Tuesday. What do you say but, OK. My blood pressure was also quite high but not over 140 so it wasn't a concern at the time.

When I left the hospital my maternity clothes were so tight that i had marks in my skin, very uncomfortable. I decided to weigh myself and found myself weighing 7 pounds more than when I went into the hospital to have Chloe. If you do the math, like I did, I should have at least weighed 7-12 pounds less after the c-section.

We arrived home and after resting for awhile I decided to take a walk around our circle which, with my past c-sections I was already doing a lot of walking so I figured I would be fine. Then our neighbors bought ice cream for the kids in our cult-a-sac so we walked across the road and visited with them for awhile as well. By now I was really tired and walked back home to rest.
Before going to bed I took my prescribed pain pills and then thinking I should start weening myself from them (only 3 days later) took my next one 8 hours later when I was told to take them every 4 hours. I was in a major amount of pain so much that Steve called our neighbor over that is a nurse to take a look at me. It took both of them to get me on to the couch and even then it felt like my insides were tearing apart. I was basically told to rest and make sure I take my pain medication every 4 hours WITHOUT exception. Then our sweet neighbor took both of our boys to her home so that I could try and relax and get some rest. I was also told that I am trying to do to much and to basically Knock It Off! Hard for me to do but I promised I would relax.

My sweet husband keeps telling me that I am a Super Mom but I don't have to be Invincible Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!